Monday 31 October 2016

Summer Trip To Seoul Day 2

ASSALAMUALAIKUM


Annyeong yeorobun~

The Oppa's Syndrome is still here I guess hahaha. We started our 2nd day with bloated faces (bukan selalu belanja muka macam donut kembang kan?) plus I couldn't even open my eyes aaahh~ Dah macam penduduk tetap pulak sepet hahaha. We didn't get enough sleep as we off to sleep very late and had to get up early. So this was at Apgujeong subway station. Pagi pagi lagi Ajumma Ahjushi dah keluar pergi jalan jalan tau haha. 

We went to the west part of Seoul for our 2nd day mission!!~~ Be ready for a bit long post today 가자 ! (read: Ka-ja / Let's go!). Bianhe, I did speak korean a bit in Seoul.




Hongdae!



I didn't remember how many stations we took to Hongdae but I'm pretty sure that we stopped at Hongik Univ Station hahaha. The subway is very neat and clean as you can see. Well, we were really took our time here taking some pictures for memories.. and guys we couldn't start our day without a bottle of uyu right? (read: milk). So I bought strawberry flavour on our way out to the exit but banana flavour is still on my bae list. When you had a chance, don't waste them. Try 'em all >_<


anddddd they also have a coffee flavour and I don't really like it. hahahaha. In Hongdae, we just walked around the street. We tried to find some restaurant here but end up walking to the next subway station. Couldn't even imagine how far have we walked hahaha plus it's summer guys. The heat is no joke I tell you. 


Luckily I'd some pit stops to share with you guys. Here we go, the randomly taken pictures and the pictures from EXO die hard fans hahaha. Mana je nampak muka EXO mesti snap. 









Ewha Woman University

Then we took another subway to Ewha. This picture below was taken right after we exit the subway. You just have to walk down the road and that is Ewha Woman University. There are a lot of cosmetic and apparel shops along the road. It's quite similar to Myeongdong but not very crowded as it only served the small portion of population around Ehwa. I really like the environment here. Swear. 







If you guys had watched Korean variety show 2 days 1 night you might know this staircase. They called it The Surplus Staircase where Taehyun and a guest (/) slash a foreign exchange student from France ate their lunch. You guys might be wondering how come a male student could study in Ewha (which is 'only' woman univ) and he is foreigner hahaha. But they said the university had some courses that only available in Ewha. So that's why they accept a male exchange students from time to time. 



This is a wall protest for the students or (an expression wall). They put a lot of art works here and there. But basically on the right side when I walked down toward The Surplus Staircase was all about protesting and on the left side as shown in the picture was all about art works from the student or outsiders I don't really know BUT seems like from the university students. I did some video recording when I was at Ehwa and posted it on Instagram. I wish I could upload the video here but the internet connection is not much of help hahaha. (I'm sorry)


After a bit of walking around Ewha we actually want to go straight to Bukchon Hanok Village. But ended up eating bingsu (read: ice shaved) at Coffe Bene due to sudden heavy rain. We stayed a bit long enough for us to edit and update our pictures on Instagram and cleaned up our memory card hehehe..





anddd I bought a melon bingsu at 14,000 won. This is big enough for you to eat alone HAHA. (sudden brain-freeze) lol. 


Bukchon Hanok Village

How do we get here? We used a lot of public transports as we were on backpackers and if you want to use subway, you have two options which are you can exit from Anguk Station or Gyeongbokgung Palace Station. Then you have to walk a bit and taddaaaa Bukchon Hanok Village. Hahaha. 


Actually I don't really know how to start my story about this Hanok Village. But considering that we put a lot of effort to come here (we actually lost our way to the village, crazy experience I tell you haha). But all the effort was worth it. So basically there are over 600 Korean traditional houses or they called it Hanok are situated between Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung Palace. 


Fyi, people are still living here and we had to stay quiet while walking around the neighborhood. One of the reason why I like to travel is that I get to learn and understand other's culture. Because I believe that when you do good, the good comes back to you. It's like give and take :)







They also sell a lot of cute stuffs. Even the socks pun comel haih. I did bought one and I regret not having bought as many as I could. Ruginyaaa T_T 


Itaewon

After exploring Bukchon Hanok Village, we went to Itaewon for our dinner as it's famous for Muslim restaurant plus the Seoul Mosque is also located in Itaewon. 



If you want to find a "halal" korean guy. Datang sini hohohoho noooo I'm kidding. This is a restaurant but I'm not sure what kind of restaurant. I guess they sell Pakistani foods since this is Itaewon plus there were a lot of Halal street foods. Halal Kebab is everywhere in Itaewon hahaha. 


So we made our decision and went to Eid Restaurant in Itaewon after a long walk around Hanok Village. It is a Halal Korean Restaurant owned by Korean Muslim. They also had one branch in Malaysia. The restaurant is located near the Mosque but a bit far from the subway station which we had to walk again. hahaha. But still worth every sweat as we ordered a big portions. We ate samgyetang (read: Ginseng Chicken Soup) and Dak Bulgogi (read: Korean Spicy Chicken). Sekejap je habis tau sebab lapar sangat. Hahahhahaha. 

After that we went straight to Line Friends Shop at the junction that we actually noticed on our way to the restaurant but we had no choice. We need to eat first because we were too hungry to walk T_T


So here we were at the Line Friends in Itaewon. Thank God the shop was still open when we came back. But still we didn't buy anything here. The price was quite expensive and we were just taking some pictures around the photo spot haha. Pusing pusing pastu keluar >.<.



They also had another Line Shop in Myeongdong and the same Mr. Brown bear. But in Itaewon, I didn't have to wait for a long queue to snap a picture with this Mr. Brown compared in Myeongdong. Bless me hahaha. 



Dongdaemun Design Plaza

One selca won't hurt right?  




It also called the DDP and designed by Zaha Hadid and Samoo. DDP was selected as one of the Top 52 places to visit in 2015 by the New York Times (it's okay pergi 2016 pun boleh >.<) plus it is a major urban development landmark in Seoul.

This is when I'd still couldn't believe that I was in Seoul and I sent the picture of South Korea flags to my mom (little girl sent some updates to her mom) lol.




Close-up LED Rose Garden at DDP

Thank God we had the chance to take a look at these 22,550 electronic roses as the operation is only available until 31st October 2016 based on what I read. But I don't know if the exhibition will be extended to another few years due to impressive responses. That will be great right? Hmm. 



Ada orang tengah shooting pula. Patutlah ramai je orang tepek kat tepi. Tapi tak nampak siapa >.<


Our 2nd day trip was the most productive day ever. We even took a taxi for the first time to the guesthouse as it was already after midnight and the subway ended their operation at 1am. Thus, we didn't have any other choice. Eventho it was a bit expensive compared to subway but we had an experience of night view on Seoul's roadway.  

p/s: We had to cover a lot of activities in our 2nd day slot. A bit tired but still survived. ^^ 

안녕
annyeong

No comments: